WELCOME

WELCOME TO THE ROCK AND ROLL CLUB OF YOUR BRAIN, WHERE FOR 5 DOLLARS AND 95 CENTS YOU CAN GET A STEAK DINNER A BAKED POTATO A SIDE SALAD AND AN ICE COLD BEER.



COMPASSIONATE CLAUSE

COMPASSIONATE CLAUSE
To receive your own FREE copy of Shells and Leather's 'Hobo Trails' send your address to shellsandleather@gmail.com

Friday, January 4, 2013

why do good people always stay silent


Why do good people always stay silent

I have searched amongst the bones of the dead

I have searched amongst the graves of those killed

I have peeled back the burnt skin of generations

Just to see if you are there

Still laughing, singing

I have been digging through rags of the dead

I have been digging through ashes and bone

I have been crying to find you

Knowing that life does not just disappear

Bombs that track you

Bombs that burn you

Bombs that suffocate you

No assassin will cry

No government will know why

No religion well say stop

Burning with a need

I have searched you out

To no avail

Why do good people always stay silent

No comments:

Post a Comment