WELCOME

WELCOME TO THE ROCK AND ROLL CLUB OF YOUR BRAIN, WHERE FOR 5 DOLLARS AND 95 CENTS YOU CAN GET A STEAK DINNER A BAKED POTATO A SIDE SALAD AND AN ICE COLD BEER.



COMPASSIONATE CLAUSE

COMPASSIONATE CLAUSE
To receive your own FREE copy of Shells and Leather's 'Hobo Trails' send your address to shellsandleather@gmail.com

Monday, November 1, 2010

NEVER ONCE

The light touch of her hair
Coloured strokes from the painter brush
Leaving me even more to care
To hear the freedom hush

Rolling into from the sea
Sailors breath against her skin
Mercy of men who hold the key
Asking for the beggars tin

These dreams of agony and joy
No worse than before
The golden watch
Keeping the time of Masters

I went for a double double
  and saw your visage staring me down
Golden hair reaching to the ground
Yes we loved
Our eyes reaching deep
Tonight my sweet love
We will sleep
Till the morning light of a new day
Carries our story to another
As we stray
For the heart is a sponge of love
That radiates beyond the soul
Listen the soaring eagles
You will hear her voice
It will not disappoint
Yes my love
I will find you again
                 and again
Just as the breath of men
Blows across your flesh
Goodnight my sweet Love
Till we meet again

This poem was found in 1994 by Benny Williams, a civil servant working in the archives department in Ottawa Canada.  Benny says it was placed in the archives with a note which read, "Read and Love, since finding this poem Benny's life has changed drastically, for the better.

2 comments:

  1. this entry moved me spiritually. fly free benny, fly high my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY LOVE THIS POEM

    ReplyDelete